Citizenship Program & Benefits
Cypriot citizenship can be acquired by foreign investors via the “Scheme for Naturalization of Non-Cypriot Investors by Exception”. This scheme is based on subsection (2) of section 111A of the Civil Registry Laws of 2002-2015.
The law allows investors, their spouses, and dependent children up to 28 years of age to acquire citizenship under one single investment. Dependent parents of the primary applicant can also be included in the same application for an additional investment.
Qualified investors will be able to acquire citizenship within 6 months with no residency requirements.
To qualify for citizenship, an applicant must hold a permanent privately owned residence in Cyprus worth at least €500,000 and invest €2,000,000 (held for 3 years) in one of the following:
- Real estate, land development, or infrastructure projects (Note: If the investor chooses to buy a residential property, the same property of at least 2 million Euros will be considered as an investment and a permanent residence. i.e. total investment will only be 2 million Euros (excluding VAT))
- Cypriot companies or businesses (restrictions apply)
- Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), such as stocks and bonds, in regulated Cypriot companies (restrictions apply)
- Combination of any of the above investments (restrictions apply)
At A Glance
Area :9,251 KM2
Population : 1,180,000 People
Key Economic Sectors: Tourism, Financial Services, Natural Gas
Government Type: Unitary bicommunal presidential constitutional republic
Residency Program & Benefits
In an effort to attract foreign investments, the ministry of interior in Cyprus has introduced the Residency by Investment program on the basis of Regulation 6(2) of the Aliens and Immigration Regulations.
Permanent residency is granted to qualified applicants and their families from Non-EU countries upon passing the government’s due diligence process and meeting the set investment criteria.
This is an excellent program for those interested in establishing a residency in Europe, looking for a place to retire, or hoping to access a wide range of quality healthcare and educational institutions.
A permanent residency permit will be issued to the applicant within 2 months from the time of application.
Holders of a permanent residence permit can apply for citizenship after 7 years of legal residence in Cyprus.
- a) Permanent European residency for life
- b) Fast track application process
- c) Residency permit holders need to visit Cyprus only once every two years to maintain their residency status
d)Right to live, study, or invest in Cyprus
- e) Access to world class healthcare and educational facilities
f)Low property tax
- g) Excellent warm climate all year round
- h) Dependent children up to 25 years old can be part of the same application
- i) No tax on foreign income for non-residents
Cell no: 071 451 4523